Wednesday, February 7, 2018

HOLDING THE FORT By Regina Jennings

http://www.reginajennings.com/
Holding the Fort is another fun read by a very good author, Regina Jennings, of whom I already have several books on my keeper shelf. It is a fascinating read with good descriptions of a real historical area, Fort Reno; but the characters are the most intriguing.

I caught myself smiling and laughing a lot and really enjoying the humorous situations but frustrated with Louisa, wanting her to come clean with the truth; however, the tender romance that develops between her and Major Adams is what keeps us reading romance novels. 

Even though it had a wonderful happily ever after, I gave this one a four star review only because I really wanted a more in depth discussion between Louisa and Daniel about the reasons for her deception. I wanted Daniel to express more anger and disappointment  before offering forgiveness. I wanted Louisa to be more apologetic rather than giving in to the circumstances and accepting that she didn't deserve becoming the Lady she desired to be.

Still I highly recommend it for your reading list. I received this book from Bethany House and Netgalley for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment